Ranked the #1 place to live in the United States by the New York Post and listed in Money as one of the Best Places to Live in 2017, Bozeman is one of the most desirable locations in the United States. In fact, it’s the fastest growing micropolitan area in the country with a population of over 107,000. Served by an international airport with direct flights to 17 major airports throughout the U.S., it’s also an easy destination for international students flying from abroad. In the summer, students enjoy hiking, canoeing, fishing, white water rafting, and visits to Yellowstone National Park. In the winter, students often spend free time skiing or snowboarding at resorts just 30 minutes from town.
See the campus VIRTUAL TOUR here.
On-campus Intensive English Programs Include:
- 6-level curriculum in preparation for university/college admission
- Study of reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- 18-23 hours of intensive English classes per week
- Weekly social activities and trips
- Internet and computer access
- Access to library, health center, gym, and other campus facilities
- Campus dorm and apartment housing options
Dates and Fees
|Fall I, 2021||Aug 16 - Oct 15|
|Fall II, 2021||Oct 18 - Dec 17|
Fees (for 9-week term)
|FEES||ON CAMPUS||OFF CAMPUS|
|Express Mailing Fee||$65||$65|
|Full Time Tuition||$3,150||$3,150|
|Housing Application & Deposit||$300||varies|
|Housing||$1,800 - $2,500 (w/ meals)||$2,200 - $4,000|
|TOTAL||$6,070 - $6,770||$6,090 - $8,070|
Above fees do not include books (approximately $250/session), personal expenses, transportation, or expenses for dependents. Please contact the institute if you have any questions.
Student Health Insurance:
Traveler’s insurance is not the same as health insurance. INTERLINK requires students and their dependents to have health insurance. Travel insurance is designed for people traveling to cover cancellations, personal belongings and only emergency medical treatment, whereas international health insurance is designed to cover inpatient treatment check-ups and continuing treatment of chronic conditions abroad.
You have several possible options for housing while you are studying:
dormitory, on-campus apartments, and apartments.
- Dormitories are very clean, modern and convenient (near your classes)
- You will live in the same dorm as American students and will be able to practice your English every day and make friends
- You can choose to live with one or more other students
- The university residence life staff can help if you have a problem
Cost: approximately $1,800 – $2,500 per session; see MSU residence life rates.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply for residence halls.
On-campus Apartment (Family & Graduate Housing)
- On-campus apartments are for married or graduate students only
- Family and graduate housing offers many family-centered activities
- Neighborhood elementary school specializes in teaching children of international students
- Students interested in this housing option need to apply directly at www.montana.edu/fgh/
Cost: Fees vary. Please contact us for further information.
Students can choose to live off campus, but we do not provide assistance.
Cost: Fees vary.
Please e-mail your flight arrival information to email@example.com and someone will arrange to pick you up.
Montana State University
Montana State University (MSU) ranks in the top tier of all research universities in the U.S. and specializes in sciences and engineering. Located in scenic Bozeman, Montana, MSU is close to famous Yellowstone National Park.
Academically qualified students enjoy the convenience of receiving conditional admission prior to starting their language program at INTERLINK.
- The Carnegie Foundation ranks MSU in the top tier of Research Universities, demonstrating very high research activity, along with Harvard, Yale and MIT.
- MSU offers over 100 undergraduate degrees
- 50 master’s degree programs and 27 doctoral degrees programs are also offered at MSU
- Class Size (average): 36 students
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 17:1
- Full-time Faculty: 553
- One of the best Nursing programs in the USA (Nursing graduates have a 94% pass rate on the nursing exam)
- MSU Film school is one of the top film schools in the USA and the only one offering a Masters Degree in Natural History Filmmaking
- The College of Business is accredited by AACSB, the top accreditation worldwide for Business Schools. Only 15% of Business Schools are accredited worldwide.
INTERLINK offers a rigorous curriculum on the university campus that includes in- and out-of-class assignments, such as group discussion, interviews, library research, community involvement, writing projects, and presentations. Upon successful completion of the INTERLINK program, students are able to do these things:
- speak English more fluently
- write effective essays
- understand spoken and written English
- understand different cultures
- apply and improve their critical thinking skills
- conduct research and report findings in English
- engage in group work and in team activities
- use the Internet, email, and computer technology
Example Class Schedule
|8:00 - 10:00||Reading & Writing||Monday - Friday|
|10:00 - 12:00||Communication Skills||Monday - Friday|
|1:30 - 3:00||Guided Independent Study||Tuesday & Thursday|
INTERLINK International Institute at Montana State University
330 Culbertson Hall
P.O. Box 170550
Bozeman, MT 59717-0550
Valley Peters, Director
Phone. +1 406 994 3807